Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Brian Corrigan <br...@ammeon.com> on 2007/04/05 12:57:06 UTC

Element not in document

Hi,

I have an SVGCanvas and point it to a file. I then add circle elements
to the doc returned from svgCanvas.getSVGDocument(). These are added to
a group with an id "user_group". I then write these with the
DOMUtilities writeDocument method. When I read this outputted file later
in the doc I can't see the the circle element, instead I just have a
text node. If I draw 2 circles, I see one of the circles and a text
node, 3 circles, I see 2 of the circles and a text node, etc.

Does anybody know why this happens and can you point me to some way of
fixing this?

Cheers

Brian
Ammeon is a Private Limited Company registered in the Republic of
Ireland.
Registered Number is 375288, with a registered office at O'Connell
Bridge House, D'Olier St, Dublin 2.

notify the system manager. This message contains confidential
information and is intended only for the individual named. If you
are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute
or copy this e-mail.

Re: embedded JPGs in 1.7beta1

Posted by Dirk Tschentscher <oe...@gmx.de>.
Hello Thomas,

you were right, it's a classpath issue.

The new batik-anim.jar introduced itself by throwing a
ClassNotFoundException.
The batik-codec.jar not, and that caused my error.

I've added it to the classpath and now it's working again.

Thanks for your help,

<dirk />

thomas.deweese@kodak.com schrieb:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> Dirk Tschentscher <oe...@gmx.de> wrote on 04/08/2007 01:30:56 PM:
>

>> This example:
>>
>> http://www.motorbrot.org/batikstuff/embedded_image.svg
>>
>> does work with batik-1.6 , but with 1.7 the 'broken image'-image shows up.
>>
>> Is this a bug? Or somehow my fault?
>>

>    The listed link works with squiggle (from classes and jars and
> as local files and over the web).  So I Suspect the problem is in
> your application.  In particular it is possible you are missing
> one or more jars or resource files from your class path.

Re: embedded JPGs in 1.7beta1

Posted by th...@kodak.com.

embedded JPGs in 1.7beta1

Posted by Dirk Tschentscher <oe...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

i'm using inkscape to generate my svg-documents.
Then I replace some text, generate DOMs, display them in SVGCanmvas and
transcode it.
Because I don't want to use local folders, I want to embed the JPGs into
the svg.

This example:

http://www.motorbrot.org/batikstuff/embedded_image.svg

does work with batik-1.6 , but with 1.7 the 'broken image'-image shows up.

Is this a bug? Or somehow my fault?

<dirk />

Re: Element not in document

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Brian,

Brian Corrigan <br...@ammeon.com> wrote on 04/05/2007 06:57:06
AM:

> I have an SVGCanvas and point it to a file. I then add circle elements
> to the doc returned from svgCanvas.getSVGDocument(). These are added to
> a group with an id "user_group". I then write these with the
> DOMUtilities writeDocument method. When I read this outputted file later

> in the doc I can't see the the circle element, instead I just have a
> text node. If I draw 2 circles, I see one of the circles and a text
> node, 3 circles, I see 2 of the circles and a text node, etc.
>
> Does anybody know why this happens and can you point me to some way of
> fixing this?

   I have not seen the behavior you describe before, and with no
sample code or even sample output I can't help any more.