Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com> on 2005/04/18 23:46:06 UTC

[HTTP CLIENT] Getting Started

Hi;

I need to create a test program to log into a secure site and post to a
servlet. I have been playing with the  BasicAuthenticationExample on:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/branches/HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH/src/examples/BasicAuthenticationExample.java?view=markup

However, I'm not having any luck. When I try and post to the servlet I get
the page the server returns when someone is not logged in.

Basically I need log into a site, submit a URL and process the response. Can
someone point me to a tutorial or article that could get me started?

Thanks,

Luke