Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Humphrey <hm...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/13 09:07:08 UTC

Documentation Ignite 2.3.0

Something I noticed when going through the java doc which is slightly
incorrect:

https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/IgniteSystemProperties.html#IGNITE_LOCAL_HOST

IGNITE_LOCAL_HOST
public static final String IGNITE_LOCAL_HOST
Name of system property to set system-wide local IP address or host. If
provided it will override all default local bind settings within Ignite or
any of its SPIs.
Note that system-wide local bind address can also be set via
*IgniteConfiguration.getLocalHost()* method. However, system properties have
priority over configuration properties specified in IgniteConfiguration.

First it is saying that system-wide can be set via the GET method instead of
the SET method.
Second it should this (system-wide) configuration have priority over the
IgniteConfiguration? Thought the IgniteConfiguration is overriding the
default and the system-wide configuration.

Humphrey

Re: Documentation Ignite 2.3.0

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Humphrey,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've updated the doc to make it
vivider.

As for the priority, yes, I see the confusion, but this is exactly how it
works for now - the system priority has a bigger priority.

--
Denis