Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vi...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/05/20 00:37:45 UTC

Hbase 2077 status?

I had spoken a while back about this problem (clients timing out when scanners do not return with a row yet: search for "A possible bug in the scanner. "

I am trying to fix the problem in the next few days: our system is a little crippled without the fix (We use filters in scans and the bug crops up during filters that return sparse sets.).

JD, can you let me know the status of the recentmost patch attached (31/Mar/10)?

Thank you
Vidhya

Re: Hbase 2077 status?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
It is, but I'm trying to give you solutions until we get that fixed.
In any case, you will hit your task timeout at some point anyway.

J-D

Re: Hbase 2077 status?

Posted by Himanshu Vashishtha <hv...@cs.ualberta.ca>.
Hey, I am also facing the similar issue but in a different context (related
to coprocessor), but that's a totally different use case (still need to look
in to it).

But in this case, will reducing the scanner cache size helps (at least
temporarily)? In a case when scanner is busy collecting/computing rows just
to meet up the cache limit expectations.

Himanshu

Re: Hbase 2077 status?

Posted by Vidhyashankar Venkataraman <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: Hbase 2077 status?