Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wilson, Wayne" <ww...@ettain.com> on 2001/12/18 19:21:34 UTC

Stability of Tomcat 3.3 vs. 4.0

Hi,

Because of some deadlock bugs in Tomcat 3.2.3 that we are experiencing (891,
1006 & 1798), we are going to have to switch to either Tomcat 3.3 or 4.X.
What do people think about the stability of each of these versions? We will
be running this on W2K in conjunction with JBoss and because we need load
balancing we will be using mod_jk.

What do you think?

--Wayne

Tomcat 3.3 vs. 4.0: TELL US NOVICES WHAT IS GOING ON

Posted by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com>.
At 01:13 PM 12/18/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Unfortunately, Tomcat 4.x doesn't support load-balancing, yet -- even with
>mod_jk. So, if you need it, you should stick with 3.3.
>
>Thanks,
>--jeff

What is going on with 3.3 and 4.0?  Are there two camps in Tomcat?  Is
there a battle to see which is going to win?  Why is 4.0 an extension of
3.2 and what is 3.3 all about?  I need to know what the plans are in order
to make some significant decisions.  Can someone tell me what is happening,
or direct me to a place to find out?  Thanks.

Micael

Re: Stability of Tomcat 3.3 vs. 4.0

Posted by Hunter Hillegas <li...@lastonepicked.com>.