Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com> on 2022/06/01 18:03:54 UTC

C/C++ Compiling and clangd integration

NB 13
Win 7/10/11
gcc 11.3.0

I'm trying to use NB as a C/C++ IDE. Some issues:

 1. I can't compile. Properties->Compile Commands = "<path>g++.exe -c
    -dumpdir ..\obj\ -std=c++17 -o ..\obj\", but Run->Compile File is
    'grayed' and can't be used. I've also tried linux separators (/) and
    amisture of both, C:\cygwin/ ... . I can't seem to get this right.
    What am I doing wrong?
 2. I am using clangd (Tools->Options->C/C++->clangd Location) but when
    I double-click on a underscored variable name (ab_cd), only the
    first part (ab) is highlighted. Any reason that the syntax of a
    variable is not recognized?
 3. Highlighting a function name and then selecting Find in Projects
    fails to find the function (or variable) . Is this something that NB
    14 will fix?

I hope there is something that I can do to at least compile, and then
build, my files. I've tried several versions of the compile command, all
failing. I don't know what else to do.

art

Re: C/C++ Compiling and clangd integration

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

"Tools->Options->C/C++->clangd" is not a feature of Apache NetBeans, are
you using NB 8.X C/C++ plugin?

Cheers,
Antonio