Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Yi Chen <yi...@verizon.com> on 2002/12/02 15:47:58 UTC

RE: weblogic6.1 & log4j

Steven,

here is what my log4j is like:

=
log4j.debug=true
# /vobs is a directory under the root of a unix file system
VASP_LOG_HOME=/vobs/vasp/log
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, DebugRootAppender, InfoRootAppender,
ErrorRootAppender
log4j.logger.net.veriaon.vasp=DEBUG, DebugRootAppender, InfoRootAppender,
ErrorRootAppender

# Set attributes for appender:  DebugRootAppender
log4j.appender.DebugRootAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.DebugRootAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.DebugRootAppender.File=${VASP_LOG_HOME}/debug.log
log4j.appender.DebugRootAppender.MaxBackupIndex=19
log4j.appender.DebugRootAppender.MaxFileSize=40MB
log4j.appender.DebugRootAppender.Threshold=DEBUG

# Set attributes for appender:  InfoRootAppender
log4j.appender.InfoRootAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.InfoRootAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.InfoRootAppender.File=${VASP_LOG_HOME}/info.log
log4j.appender.InfoRootAppender.MaxBackupIndex=9
log4j.appender.InfoRootAppender.MaxFileSize=20MB
log4j.appender.InfoRootAppender.Threshold=INFO

# Set attributes for appender:  ErrorRootAppender
log4j.appender.ErrorRootAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.ErrorRootAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.ErrorRootAppender.File=${VASP_LOG_HOME}/error.log
log4j.appender.ErrorRootAppender.MaxBackupIndex=9
log4j.appender.ErrorRootAppender.MaxFileSize=4MB
log4j.appender.ErrorRootAppender.Threshold=ERROR

==

I put log4j-1.2.7.jar and log4j.properties in the same directory
(bea/wlserver6.1/lib/vasp) and this directory itself is also added as
classpath. It didn't have problem finding this property file. I did some
search over the internet and it seems like log4j has problem loging stuff
under wl6.1 and solaris OS according to several findings. What's your OS?

Thanks,

Yi