Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent PROSPER <Vi...@Alkinos.com> on 2002/10/18 10:44:22 UTC

[Struts Validator / i18N] accentuated letters with \w pattern dont work

Hi,

In my validation.xml file, I have the following formset tag:

<global>
  <constant>
   <constant-name>name</constant-name>
   <constant-value>^[\w|-|'| ]+$</constant-value>
  </constant>
</global>

<formset language="fr">
	<form name="subscribeForm">
	  <field property="lastName" depends="required,mask">
         <arg0 key="subscribe.field.lastName"/>
         <var>
           <var-name>mask</var-name>
           <var-value>${name}</var-value>
         </var>
        </field>
	</form>
</formset>

All works fine, except for accentuated letters which aren't matched by the
regexp ${name}... That is to say, "Rene" works but "René" doesn't!

Could you please help me on this topic?
NB: <html:html locale="true"> is also set in the JSP.

Another question, that has nothing to do with the previous one, except it
also concerns Struts Validator:

Struts Validator when replacing <html:errors/>? I put error messages besides
each field with a <html:errors property="myField"/>, and it displays that
ugly HTML stuff instead of a simple error message (and also without taking
into account my CSS class...)

Thanks in advance for both answers.

Vince