Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Aihua Xu <ax...@cloudera.com> on 2017/06/15 14:10:19 UTC

Hadoop3 + hbase2 support in Hive

Hi hive community,

Hadoop and Hbase released new alpha versions. I'm wondering what's our plan
to support those versions in Hive?

Are we planning to use Hive3 (master) branch to support them and how
typically do we start the upstream work for it?

Thanks
Aihua

Re: Hadoop3 + hbase2 support in Hive

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
Aihua,

There are a few of JIRAs related to the Hadoop3 support:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16531 (This is the Umbrella for
Hadoop 3.x support)

I started the work on HIVE-15016 some time ago to run tests against the
alpha versions of Hadoop. This work was going to be in-progress for a while
until the Hadoop3 was released (to avoid committing patches for alpha
versions due to big changes happening between alpha releases and
instability).

I don't know how the rest of the community feels about this approach,
though. We could do something similar for Hbase.