Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 04:10:41 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1295396 - in /incubator/flex/whiteboard/jmclean/validators: ./ src/ src/mx/ src/mx/core/ src/mx/core/Version.as src/mx/validators/ src/mx/validators/PostCodeValidator.as src/tests/ src/tests/PostCodeValidatorTests.as

Hi Justin,

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you chose to make it an MX based
Validator as opposed to a Spark validator?

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Out of curiosity, is there a reason you chose to make it an MX based
> > Validator as opposed to a Spark validator?
>
> I find a lot of people still use mx components, there are still a fair
> number of Flex 3.6 or Flex 4.x mixed mx and spark applications about.

True, maybe I'll make an MX version of the ConfirmStringValidator I put in
my whiteboard.

> There still nothing in Spark that's similar to mx:Form right?

There is a s:Form now since 4.5 I believe.

> Time permitting I'll also to put up a spark on - unless someone writes it
> before me.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

The Spark validators I added are functional, but they still do not have the
globalization features fully implemented. I still haven't exactly figured
out how that all ties in but I think that could be nice for a postal code
validator.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org

Posted by Rafael Santos <rs...@spectacompany.com.br>.
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:57, Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 2/29/12 10 :20PM, "Rafael Santos" <rs...@spectacompany.com.br> wrote:
>
> >As long as I can remember Spark does not cover every component that exist
> >on mx. Many components were left behind (ViewStack, Accordion, LinkButton
> >and many others).
> >
> >Rafael Santos - Specta
>
> Only because we didn't get to those.  The intent was to have Spark
> equivalents for all of those.  We have ViewStack and Accordion mostly done
> for Spark although I think there are other versions out there in the
> community.

Thanks Carol, we are looking into that.... Omar created a Wiki page for
that so feel free to colaborate there... Your insights are extremely
important at this point.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Missing+Spark+Components

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 2/29/12 10 :20PM, "Rafael Santos" <rs...@spectacompany.com.br> wrote:

>As long as I can remember Spark does not cover every component that exist
>on mx. Many components were left behind (ViewStack, Accordion, LinkButton
>and many others).
>
>Rafael Santos - Specta

Only because we didn't get to those.  The intent was to have Spark
equivalents for all of those.  We have ViewStack and Accordion mostly done
for Spark although I think there are other versions out there in the
community.

Carol

Posted by Rafael Santos <rs...@spectacompany.com.br>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.