Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/28 11:56:34 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Apache AxKit to be retired

Dear AxKit community,

this is a message from the XML Project Management Committee, who is
responsible for the oversight of the Apache AxKit project, and it
requires your full attention.

The PMC noticed a general slowdown of activities in the project and,
more importantly, your PMC representative (Matt Sergeant) has failed
to report about the project status in the last few quarterly reports.
According to the Apache Software Foundation rules, this is a serious
problem, and the PMC is about to run a formal vote to retire the AxKit
project by having it formally enter the Attic. The main consequence of
retiring the project is that no further development activity and/or
releases will be permitted, and the project will enter a "dormant"
state. The process is, to some extent, reversible, but if you believe
there is a good reason to keep the project alive, this is a great time
to let us know. More information the attic process and what it entails
is available at http://attic.apache.org.

Please consider this as a last call. If you are willing to interrupt
the Attic process, please speak up now. In case we don't hear from you
in 72 hours, we will start a formal vote on the PMC list and we will
get the ball rolling.

Many thanks,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Sourcesense, making sense of Open Source: http://www.sourcesense.com

Re: Fwd: [IMPORTANT] Apache AxKit to be retired

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
Means I use bad english. Also means I forgot to cc private@xml and
general@attic the first time and resent it.

Hopefully you mean that and not the bit about the banner below.

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
And with all the senders :)

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.