Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ryan Dietrich <ry...@dietrich.net> on 2004/07/30 06:53:50 UTC

XMLSubsMatch Questions.. (urgent!)

Hello all, I'm making that "templating toolkit" decision right now.  Need to
move QUICKLY. :-)

My #1 goal is to totally separate my html and code from each other.  XMLSubs
is the style of the technical solution that I want to use.

However, I'll be registering many, many, many tags.. This causes a few
problems the way they are implemented currently..  Please help!

1. Defining all these function calls in global.asa will get very messy
quickly. (and will be painful to maintain), can you do the following?  (I
could do a "use Class qw(list of function names)" but that would get messy
as well..

PerlSetVar  XMLSubsMatch user:\w+  Class::MyTagHandler

2. I'll need to have multiple top level domains.  I tried to set do the
following, but it seemed to overwrite the first one..

PerlSetVar  XMLSubsMatch application:\w+

PerlSetVar  XMLSubsMatch query:\w+

It appears that there can only be one XMLSub at a time?

3. Once I have registered all these names, I don't want to selectively
include which tags to scan in.  (based on the modules that they are in)..
Something like this would be nice..

<asp:use class="Class::MyTagHandler"/>

This would add JUST the tags that were defined in that class to the "scan
list"..  (of course, I could have multiple "use" classes as well)..

If this is all beyond Apache::ASP, let me know, I miss doing mod_perl,
despise cold fusion, and don't want to migrate to Java, so any help you guys
can give me I would totally appreciate!

-Ryan Dietrich