Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/09 13:41:22 UTC

Cloud-aware request processing?

I'm working on a prototype of a scheme that uses SolrCloud to, in
effect, distribute a computation by running it inside of a request
processor.

If there are N shards and M operations, I want each node to perform
M/N operations. That, of course, implies that I know N.

Is that fact available anyplace inside Solr, or do I need to just configure it?

Re: Cloud-aware request processing?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
 Jan Høydahl,

My problem is intimately connected to Solr. it is not a batch job for
hadoop, it is a distributed real-time query scheme. I hate to add yet
another complex framework if a Solr RP can do the job simply.

For this problem, I can transform a Solr query into a subset query on
each shard, and then let the SolrCloud mechanism.

I am well aware of the 'zoo' of alternatives, and I will be evaluating
them if I can't get what I want from Solr.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect