Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Isaac <za...@eyeshake.com> on 2000/06/13 18:19:20 UTC

understanding Xerces

I'm trying to use Xerces in a project I'm working on and I'm running into
some problems.

I'm trying to get Schema validation to work with DOMParser, but it doesn't
seem to be resolving
the name space declarations at the top.  I couldn't find much in the way of
examples or documentation to help with this particular problem, so I've been
looking into the source code to try to get a sense of how the whole thing
works.  But I've been having a lot of trouble understanding it, because I
can't seem to find an overview of how the pieces fit together.  Does anyone
have a document that explains this, or have the time to explain it?

If we end up using Xerces for our XML needs, we will be active contributors,
but we need some help getting started.  Thanks for any help you can give me,
Zac

Re: understanding Xerces

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Isaac wrote:
> I'm trying to get Schema validation to work with DOMParser, but it

Turn namespace support on. The DOMParser has it turned off by
default, in contrast to the SAXParser since SAX2 requires that it
be on by default.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Re: understanding Xerces

Posted by Arie Golos <ag...@emc.com>.
I have been having lots of problems trying to embed my own data into SOAP
Envelope and finally gave up on multiple namespaces (at least for now).
I am not sure even how to specify multiple xsd schemas within one xml document.
What I mean is that suppose the envelope element belongs to a namespace
and may contain anything:

<element name="envelope">
   <complexType> <any/> </complexType>
</element>

Now I have some content which belongs to some other namespace, so that
the XML will look like:
<spa:envelope>
<spb:content>
</spb:content>
</spa:envelope>

Does anybody know how to validate documents like this and have some
complete examples?  Some help will be very much appreciated.
-arie