Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Braden <mb...@utenzi.com> on 2001/02/16 16:05:34 UTC

RE: Error starting of Tomcat-4.0-b1, when using oracle-jdbc drive r.

Dieter,

I've had the same problem.  I wasn't able to fix it, but was able to
work around the problem.  I added the Oracle classes to the catalina.sh
script in the classpath.  Add them to the end of the CP= line.

# ----- Set Up The System Classpath

CP="$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar:$CATALINA_HOME/bin/servlet.jar:$CATALIN
A_HOME/bin/naming.jar"

I haven't tried to see if they can be put in the WEB-INF/lib dir yet, that
is my next test.

Mike.
--
Mike Braden