Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Leon Sargent <le...@comcast.net> on 2006/09/06 16:23:10 UTC

[users@httpd] My http.conf file and .htaccess file along with URL SEO installation instructions for .htaccess files

Http.conf file from Apache 1.3.3 Mac OS X 10.4.7

ServerName www.lhsmarkets.com

#
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
DocumentRoot "/Library/WebServer/Documents"

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access, can be configured with
respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# permissions.
#
<Directory />
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None
</Directory>

#
# Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
# below.
#

#
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "/Library/WebServer/Documents">

#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
     Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews

#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options",
"FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
     AllowOverride All

#
#
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

#
# UserDir: The name of the directory which is appended onto a user's
home
# directory if a ~user request is received.
#
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
     UserDir Documents
</IfModule>

#
# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
#
#<Directory /Users/*/Sites>
#    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
#    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order allow,deny
#        Allow from all
#    </Limit>
#    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order deny,allow
#        Deny from all
#    </LimitExcept>
#</Directory>

#
# DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written HTML
# directory index.  Separate multiple entries with spaces.
#
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
     DirectoryIndex index.html
</IfModule>

#
# AccessFileName: The name of the file to look for in each directory
# for access control information.
#
AccessFileName .htaccess

#
# The following lines prevent .htaccess files from being viewed by
# Web clients.  Since .htaccess files often contain authorization
# information, access is disallowed for security reasons.  Comment
# these lines out if you want Web visitors to see the contents of
# .htaccess files.  If you change the AccessFileName directive above,
# be sure to make the corresponding changes here.
#
# Also, folks tend to use names such as .htpasswd for password
# files, so this will protect those as well.
#
<Files ~ "^\.([Hh][Tt]|[Dd][Ss]_[Ss])">
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
     Satisfy All
</Files>

#
# Apple specific filesystem protection.
#

<Files "rsrc">
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
     Satisfy All
</Files>

<Directory  ~ ".*\.\.namedfork">
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
     Satisfy All
</Directory>

.htaccess file from /Library/WebServer/Documents where my website is
stored.

AllowOverride AuthConfig
AuthUserFile lhsmarkets.com/Library/WebServer/Documents/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Password Protected Area"
AuthType Basic
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /Documents/
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%
{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%
{QUERY_STRING}

<limit GET POST>
require valid-user
</limit>

<Files "rsrc">
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
     Satisfy All
</Files>

<Directory   "lhsmarkets.com/Library/WebServer/Documents">
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
     Satisfy All
</Directory>

This is how the URL SEO is to be implemented in the . htaccess file I
am not at root as you can see from the top from  my document root.

Please read this and follow these instructions carefully before you
install the .htaccess file that is included in the catalog directory
of your store. If you do not change the values in your .htaccess file
then your store will not work!!!!

This shop is using the Ultimate SEO URLs  - by Chemo

In order for your store to function correctly you must change the
value of the directory in the .htaccess file. Please open
the .htaccess file in either wordpad or notepad and look for this
line of code:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /*directory*/

If your store is located in a DIRECTORY add this to the /
*directory*/.htaccess file:

NOTE: you will have to edit the "directory" to match your directory
name!

If your store is located in the root add this to the then the code
will look like this:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

For addition information please review the folder in your downloaded
file called Ultimate_SEO_URLSv2x

Thank you for looking this over..

Let me know of any changes as I just put this together from what I
had researched.

Leon Sargent

Re: [users@httpd] My http.conf file and .htaccess file along with URL SEO installation instructions for .htaccess files

Posted by Leon Sargent <le...@comcast.net>.
On Sep 6, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Joshua Slive wrote:

> This list is not a consulting service where you can dump your config
> file and ask for it to be analyzed.  It is a technical mailing list
> where you can ask specific questions and include small, relevant
> config excerpts.

Okay that is fine...

I will work on that in the future.

Leon

Re: [users@httpd] My http.conf file and .htaccess file along with URL SEO installation instructions for .htaccess files

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 9/6/06, Leon Sargent <le...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Thank you for looking this over..
>
> Let me know of any changes as I just put this together from what I had
> researched.

Sorry, but let's start this again.

This list is not a consulting service where you can dump your config
file and ask for it to be analyzed.  It is a technical mailing list
where you can ask specific questions and include small, relevant
config excerpts.

So please start again by including only a small part of your config
and asking a very specific question about what you don't understand or
where you would like help.  If you are having a specific problem,
explain exactly what the problem is, and exactly what you get in the
error and access logs when you access the site.

[Bonus clue to get you started: Remove the <Limit GET POST> and
</Limit> lines and throw out whatever documentation told you to put
those in.]

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 starts but won't serve documents

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 9/6/06, Al McNicoll <al...@integritec.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all, just wondering if anyone here has seen this problem before or has an
> idea what could be the root cause - other forums and Google have turned up
> nothing...
>
> ------
> SETUP:
> ------
> - Apache 2.0 running on XP Pro (laptop)
> - httpd.conf unchanged from the standard distribution, except that:
> -- I've used Win32DisableAcceptEx (the server was crashing and logging
> several AcceptEx errors per second otherwise)
> -- I've loaded PHP as a module (standard lines copied from the many web
> posts on the subject)
>
> My entire setup was working until recently, when it stopped serving pages.
> Now the firefox "page loading" icon just keeps turning without the page
> of 30 minutes, not doing anything.
>
> I've tried changing the port Apache listens on (eg to 8888, connecting with
> http://localhost:8888) - no joy.
>
> The confusing thing is that the error log is blank, other than the usual
> start-up notices (none of which is out of the ordinary). Access.log is also
> blank - does this mean that the request hasn't even got through to the
> server, or just that the page hasn't been served successfully?
>
> Any pointers on what I could do to trace the fault would be really
> appreciated.

My first guess would be a networking issue.  But if you want to see
what is happening deep in the guts of apache, you can follow the
instructions here:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html#backtrace-win

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Al McNicoll wrote:
> -- I've used Win32DisableAcceptEx (the server was crashing and logging
> several AcceptEx errors per second otherwise)

That's a good start, and tells us that you have a non-standard windows
sockets stack.  If it has buggy drivers, assume that EnableSendfile and
EnableMMap should also be turned off.

> My entire setup was working until recently, when it stopped serving pages.
> Now the firefox "page loading" icon just keeps turning without the page
> of 30 minutes, not doing anything.

Funny thing about 'until recently' - it never means until a point in time...
it means until you applied some patch, possibly windows update blew up your
working environment.  Make sure the firewall wasn't 'turned on' behind your
back, or if it was, that you have configured it to allow traffic on your
server's port (80, 8888 or whatever).

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0 starts but won't serve documents