Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Gronde, Christopher (Contractor)" <Ch...@fincen.gov> on 2016/04/05 15:30:06 UTC

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

We have a user who is trying to commit a 5MB file (he says the file is larger than he normally uploads) and he is receiving the error in subject of this email.  I have looked at the apache error_log (after upping the logging to debug) as well as access_log, and find nothing that shows why this error is happening.  Someone suggested changing the name of the file and attempting again, but that did not work either.  Any assistance in troubleshooting this would be much appreciated.  I have googled all I can and can't find any definitive answer to this issue.

V/r
Chris Gronde (CTR)
Navstar, INC.
Linux Systems Administrator
Network Monitoring Engineer
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)
Technology Solutions and Services Division (TSSD)
Tel: 703-905-3578
Cell: 571-318-7743
Office: 2041K

Re: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 05.04.2016 15:30, Gronde, Christopher (Contractor) wrote:

> We have a user who is trying to commit a 5MB file (he says the file is
> larger than he normally uploads) and he is receiving the error in
> subject of this email.  I have looked at the apache error_log (after
> upping the logging to debug) as well as access_log, and find nothing
> that shows why this error is happening.  Someone suggested changing
> the name of the file and attempting again, but that did not work
> either.  Any assistance in troubleshooting this would be much
> appreciated.  I have googled all I can and can’t find any definitive
> answer to this issue.

It would be useful to know some basics: which version of Subversion was
used (client and server), which OS, whether there are any firewalls or
proxies or antivirus software or load balancers in the picture, whether
the error was generated on the client machine or on the server ...

A quick search of the Web indicates that this error is not specific to
Subversion but related to network connectivity problems on Windows.

-- Brane