Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kamal Kishore Aggarwal <kk...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/06 09:07:59 UTC

Sole Default query parser

Hi Guys,

What is the default query parser (QP) for solr.

While I was reading about this, I came across two links which looks
ambiguous to me. It's not clear to me whether Standard is the default QP or
Lucene is the default QP or they are same. Below is the screenshot and
links which are confusing me.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/the-standard-query-parser.html

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/common-query-parameters.html

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kamal Kishore

Re: Sole Default query parser

Posted by Jason Gerlowski <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kamal,

Sorry for the late reply.  If you're still unsure, the "lucene" query
parser is the default one.  The first ref-guide link you posted refers
to it almost ubiquitously as the "Standard Query Parser", but it's the
same thing as the lucene query parser.  (The page does say this, but
it's easy to miss "Solr’s default Query Parser is also known as the
lucene parser")

Best,

Jason