Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by foram <gf...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/28 23:50:51 UTC

error starting jboss when using applicationContext.xml

I am using servicemix with jboss. when i put applicationContext.xml in the
context config location in web.xml, i get the following error. i am using
JBoss-deployer2 since jbossDeployer 3 doesnt work.

14:19:39,417 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
wit
h name 'jbi' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml
]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentE
xception: null source
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null source
        at java.util.EventObject.<init>(EventObject.java:38)
        at javax.management.Notification.<init>(Notification.java:220)
        at
javax.management.AttributeChangeNotification.<init>(AttributeChangeNo
tification.java:84)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.management.BaseStandardMBean.sendAttributeChangeNo
tification(BaseStandardMBean.java:433)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.management.BaseStandardMBean.updateAttribute(BaseS
tandardMBean.java:211)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.management.BaseStandardMBean.propertyChange(BaseSt
andardMBean.java:228)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.management.BaseLifeCycle.firePropertyChanged(BaseL
ifeCycle.java:148)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.management.BaseLifeCycle.setCurrentState(BaseLifeC
ycle.java:96)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.management.BaseLifeCycle.start(BaseLifeCycle.java:
58)
        at org.servicemix.jbi.framework.Registry.start(Registry.java:107)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.start(JBIContainer.java:415
)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.container.SpringJBIContainer.afterPropertiesSet(Sp
ringJBIContainer.java:63)

my web.xml is as follows

<context-param>
       <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>
	<context-param>
       <param-name>contextClass</param-name>

<param-value>org.xbean.spring.context.XmlWebApplicationContext</param-value>
    </context-param>

	<listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
	</listener>

<!-- START SNIPPET: httpBinding -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>BindingServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
      org.servicemix.components.http.SpringBindingServlet
    </servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>endpoint</param-name>
      <param-value>httpBinding</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>6</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>BindingServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/jbi/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

my applicationcontext.xml is as follows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0"
	xmlns:spring="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0"
	xmlns:sm="http://servicemix.org/config/1.0"

  <!-- the JBI container -->
  <sm:container spring:id="jbi"
      useMBeanServer="true"
		  createMBeanServer="false"
		  monitorInstallationDirectory="true"
      dumpStats="true"
		  statsInterval="10"
      transactionManager="#transactionManager">

    <sm:activationSpecs>

      <!--  an example HTTP binding for use by the SpringBindingServlet  -->
      <!-- START SNIPPET: http -->
      <!-- Create a http server binding on port 8912  and have it forward to
the foo:stockQuote -->
      <sm:activationSpec componentName="httpBinding"
				   service="httpBinding"
				   endpoint="httpBinding"
				   destinationService="sendLayouts">
     	<sm:component>
	    <bean class="org.servicemix.components.http.HttpInOutBinding">
	    </bean>
	</sm:component>
      </sm:activationSpec>
      <!-- END SNIPPET: http -->

      <!--  a simple Echo service to test InOut message exchanges using
HTTP-->
      <sm:activationSpec componentName="layoutupdate"
					   service="sendLayouts"
					   endpoint="layout">
	  <sm:component>
	    <bean class="org.servicemix.components.saaj.SaajBinding">
	      <property name="soapEndpoint">
		      <bean class="javax.xml.messaging.URLEndpoint">
			      <constructor-arg value="http://localhost:8080/urn:LayoutService"/>
		      </bean>
	      </property>
	    </bean>
	  </sm:component>
      </sm:activationSpec>
  </sm:activationSpecs>
  </sm:container>
  <!-- message broker -->

  <!--  ActiveMQ 3.x  -->
  <bean id="broker" class="org.activemq.spring.BrokerFactoryBean">
     <property name="config" value="/WEB-INF/activemq.xml"/>
   </bean>

  <!--  ActiveMQ 4.x  -->
  <!--
  <bean id="broker" class="org.activemq.broker.BrokerService"
init-method="start">
    <property name="transportConnectorURIs" value="tcp://localhost:61636"/>
  </bean>
   -->

  <bean id="transactionManager"
class="org.jencks.factory.TransactionManagerFactoryBean"/>

  <bean id="jmsFactory" class="org.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory">
    <property name="connectionFactory">
      <bean class="org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
        <constructor-arg value="tcp://localhost:61636"/>
      </bean>
    </property>
  </bean>

</beans>

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: error starting jboss when using applicationContext.xml

Posted by foram <gf...@gmail.com>.
Sorry but after i deleted the repository and recreted the repository for the
maven jars, its working fine now...thanx a lot

Posted by foram <gf...@gmail.com>.
When u put the new sar file - jboss-deployer-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.sar,
In lib i have only 2 geronimo files
geronimo-connector-1.1.jar
geronimo-transaction-1.1.jar

i get the following error

14:58:49,963 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service
org.servicemix:s
ervice=JBIService
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.Transaction
ManagerImpl.<init>(ILorg/apache/geronimo/transaction/manager/TransactionLog;Ljav
a/util/Collection;)V
        at
org.jencks.factory.WorkManagerFactoryBean.getTransactionManager(WorkM
anagerFactoryBean.java:121)
        at
org.jencks.factory.WorkManagerFactoryBean.createTransactionContextMan
ager(WorkManagerFactoryBean.java:171)
        at
org.jencks.factory.WorkManagerFactoryBean.getTransactionContextManage
r(WorkManagerFactoryBean.java:94)
        at
org.jencks.factory.WorkManagerFactoryBean.createWorkManager(WorkManag
erFactoryBean.java:175)
        at
org.jencks.factory.WorkManagerFactoryBean.getWorkManager(WorkManagerF
actoryBean.java:78)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.createWorkManager(JB
IContainer.java:1081)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.init(JBIContainer.ja
va:501)
        at
org.servicemix.jboss.deployment.JBIService.startService(JBIService.ja
va:240)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.