Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sanjeevkansal <sa...@hsc.com> on 2011/11/03 10:05:31 UTC

Re: Problem in delpoying an external jar to the local repo

Hi Wayne,

I am facing some what same problem, I installed some jars in my repository
and put the dependency in the pom.xml. It worked fine on my machine. But if
i am copying the same directory structure( created on my machine by
installing the jar files using install-file) to some other machine then its
failing and giving the  error as

Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could
not transfer artifact org.omg.CORBA:jacorb:pom:1.0 from/to java.net
(http://download.java.net/maven/1): No connector available to access
repository java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1) of type legacy using
the available factories WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory

dependency mentioned in the pom as

<dependency>
			<groupId>org.omg.CORBA</groupId>
			<artifactId>jacorb</artifactId>