Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Virtual Light <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/21 21:23:32 UTC

JAX-WS webservice deployment

I have a question about deploying JAX-WS webservices.  I generated and deployed the simple sample jax-ws calculator and looked at what it had generated and what was deployed and in the simple case this will work fine.  In my case I have a JAX-WS webservice for which I am supplying a web.xml file as I have entries for other servlets and parameters.  In this case it does not appear that the web service is being deployed.  Is it up to me in the case where I am supplying the web.xml file to make the servlet entries for the webservice?  When I tried this I received various faults.  I am using WebSphere CE which is Geronimo hard wired with tomcat.  I did provide a geronimo deployment descriptor which is listed below along with the web.xml.  The containing project is a Dynamic web project created in eclipse 3.3 Europa with a war file being the artifact.  No EAR association.  I have not been able to find anything definitive on what is needed. Any help appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1" xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1" xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1" xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>TestProfret1</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>2.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>war</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
  </sys:environment>
  <context-root>/TestProfRet1</context-root>
</web-app>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd" id="WebApp_ID" version="2.5">
  <display-name>TestProfRet1</display-name>
       <servlet>
        <display-name>
        EWSHttpMonServlet</display-name>
        <servlet-name>EWSHttpMonServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.elsevier.webservices.jws.ews.common.servlet.EWSHttpMonServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>applicationName</param-name>
            <param-value>Profile Retrieval Service</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>initWebService</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet>
        <display-name>
        ApplicationState</display-name>
        <servlet-name>ApplicationState</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
        com.elsevier.webservices.ews.common.servlet.ApplicationStateServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet>
        <display-name>
        WSTest</display-name>
        <servlet-name>WSTest</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
        com.elsevier.webservices.ews.common.servlet.WSTestServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ApplicationState</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/admin/applicationState</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>WSTest</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/test/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>EWSHttpMonServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/admin/httpmon</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

      <env-entry>
        <env-entry-name>SERVICE_CLASS</env-entry-name>
        <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
        <env-entry-value>com.elsevier.webservices.retrieval.profile.service.ProfileRetrievalService</env-entry-value>
    </env-entry>

    <env-entry>
        <env-entry-name>CONTEXT_CLASS</env-entry-name>
        <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
        <env-entry-value>com.elsevier.webservices.ews.common.context.EWSContext</env-entry-value>
    </env-entry>

    <env-entry>
        <env-entry-name>LOGGER_CHOICE</env-entry-name>
        <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
        <env-entry-value>com.elsevier.edit.common.logging.Logger</env-entry-value>
    </env-entry>

       <env-entry>
        <env-entry-name>IGNORE_HEADER</env-entry-name>
        <env-entry-type>java.lang.Boolean</env-entry-type>
        <env-entry-value>true</env-entry-value>
    </env-entry>

    <env-entry>
        <env-entry-name>INSTRUMENTATION_FACTORY</env-entry-name>
        <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
        <env-entry-value>com.elsevier.edit.common.instrumentation.Instrumentation</env-entry-value>
    </env-entry>

    <listener>
        <listener-class>com.lxnx.sysman.smapi.initializer.SysmanInitializerListener</listener-class>
    </listener>
    <context-param>
       <param-name>SmapiDebugLevel</param-name>
       <param-value>DEBUG</param-value>
    </context-param>
    <context-param>
       <param-name>SYSMAN_CONFIG_FILE</param-name>
       <param-value>/WEB-INF/SysmanConfig.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

Regards,
Bill

Re: JAX-WS webservice deployment

Posted by "Peter L. Berghold" <pe...@berghold.net>.

RE: JAX-WS webservice deployment

Posted by Virtual Light <vi...@hotmail.com>.
Not exactly.  Were you working with the JAX-WS calculator example?  This appears to be the standard example for this.  I did not pull this one into eclipse and just built it with maven to look at what artifacts were generated and what was created upon deployment.

Posted by "Peter L. Berghold" <pe...@berghold.net>.

RE: JAX-WS webservice deployment

Posted by Virtual Light <vi...@hotmail.com>.
Jarek, thanks for the response and confirmation of this.  I had tried putting in the servlet tags for my service but as I said was getting errors so I was not certain if I needed to add them or if they were added for me during deployment.  The errors that I was getting revolved around POJO deployment.  That said I threw everything out and started again from scratch with a clean project and this time it appears that it does recognize the service as I can obtain the wsdl and can get the standard message when hitting the port.  I am going to assume that my experimentation with deployment plans among other things caused some kind of corruption.  Thanks again.

Bill

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.