Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by KhajaAsmath Mohammed <md...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/31 00:15:57 UTC

CSVReader with putdatabase record : issue with Quotes charcter

Hi,

I am using the CSV reader to read the CSV file and  load into database
using putdatabase record.

I am using CSV reader to know the header and load the data into
corresponding database columns. This solutions works well except when there
is multiple quotes in column.. Quotes gets deleted when loading into the
column but our expectation is to have the quotes. May I know how to resolve
this?

Example Data:

"Test"|"Employee is from "USA""|"IT"

Our expected data is Test, Employee is from "USA",IT to be loaded into
database but with our configuration using CSV reader it is loading as
Test, Employee is from USA,IT. It is deleting the quotes due to escape
character in csv reader. any solutions?

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

Thanks,
Asmath

Re: CSVReader with putdatabase record : issue with Quotes charcter

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asmath,

Can you share the full configuration of your controller service? as well as
the processor you're using?

Pierre