Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Sessa, Romain" <Ro...@experian.com> on 2013/01/21 16:46:40 UTC

Concurrent access : ItemNotFoundException

Hi,

I'm facing a jackrabbit issue "javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException" which seems random, this exception appears during executing 6 threads at same time so I guess a concurrent access problem on the same path. The stack trace :

2013-01-21 15:06:21,419 241058 [RMI TCP Connection(14)-10.161.102.149] ERROR com.experian.eda.repository.sae.accessmgr_optimized.PermsGranterItemStates  - Security enactment can not properly analyze the target repository path of null. Requested permissions 1. Result is : false
javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: failed to build path of b16b045d-5fc5-43dc-b3be-4bfac6d91e83: deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe has no child entry for b16b045d-5fc5-43dc-b3be-4bfac6d91e83
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.buildPath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:291)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.buildPath(CachingHierarchyManager.java:199)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.buildPath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:280)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.buildPath(CachingHierarchyManager.java:199)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.buildPath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:280)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.buildPath(CachingHierarchyManager.java:199)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.buildPath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:280)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.buildPath(CachingHierarchyManager.java:199)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.buildPath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:280)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.buildPath(CachingHierarchyManager.java:199)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.getPath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:395)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.getPath(CachingHierarchyManager.java:233)
                at com.experian.eda.repository.sae.accessmgr_optimized.PermsGranterItemStates.isGranted(PermsGranterItemStates.java:160)
                at com.experian.eda.repository.sae.accessmgr_optimized.CustomAccessManager.canRead(CustomAccessManager.java:259)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.canRead(ItemManager.java:426)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.createItemData(ItemManager.java:804)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.getItemData(ItemManager.java:379)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.getItem(ItemManager.java:316)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.getItem(ItemManager.java:610)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.getNodeById(SessionImpl.java:493)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.VersionManagerImpl$5.perform(VersionManagerImpl.java:202)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.VersionManagerImpl$5.perform(VersionManagerImpl.java:197)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.session.SessionState.perform(SessionState.java:200)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.VersionManagerImpl.perform(VersionManagerImpl.java:95)
                at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.VersionManagerImpl.getBaseVersion(VersionManagerImpl.java:197)

I know there is a log JCR-371 which has already been fixed and we are using jcr 2.2.1 so it should not be the same issue.
Do you have any idea ? I don't find any issue related to this problem in the jira log tracker.

Thanks & Regards,

Romain SESSA
Morpheus Team - Developer
Romain.Sessa@experian.com

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration: England and Wales. Registered number: 653331