Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Brian J. Glas" <br...@fedex.com> on 2001/11/01 23:17:07 UTC

Running Catalina with jdk1.4.0 beta 3 and Jetspeed

I am trying to run Tomcat 4.0.1 with j2sdk 1.4.0 beta 3 and
Jetspeed-1.3a1 on RH7.1 and Solaris 2.8 and am running into a couple
problems.
I apologozie for the e-mail being long, but I wanted to show you guys
the error messages.
I cannot currently upgrade to Jetspeed-1.3a2, because of time
constraints, although I plan to in Phase 2 next spring.
I need Tomcat 4.0.1 because of its ability to store sessions in a
database, I have two web servers in round robin config and need to keep
session state between the two.
I have spent the last couple days trying to get this combination to work
and would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

Many Thanks in advance.

I am getting jasper complier errors like the following example:

2001-11-01 15:40:22 ApplicationDispatcher[/jetspeed] Servlet.service()
for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPNote:
sun.toos.javac.Main has been deprecated.

/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/work/localhost/jetspeed/jsp/portlets/testNews$jsp.java:8:
Class or interface declaration expected.
import javax.servlet.*;
^

/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/work/localhost/jetspeed/jsp/portlets/testNews$jsp.java:14:

Superclass org.apache.jsp.HttpJspBase of class
org.apache.jsp.testNews$jsp not found.
public class testNews$jsp extends HttpJspBase {
                                  ^
2 errors, 1 warning

And I am also getting this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Current state = FLUSHED, new state =
CODING_END
        at
java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.throwIllegalStateException(CharsetEnc
oder.java:919)
        at
java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.encode(CharsetEncoder.java:528)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.flushLeftoverChar(StreamEncoder.ja
va:345)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implClose(StreamEncoder.java:402)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.close(StreamEncoder.java:150)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.close(OutputStreamWriter.java:225)

        at java.io.PrintWriter.close(PrintWriter.java:140)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseBase.finishResponse(ResponseBas
e.java:482)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpResponseBase.finishResponse(HttpRes
ponseBase.java:229)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpResponseImpl.finishResponse(Ht
tpResponseImpl.java:288)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcesso
r.java:1038)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.ja
va:1106)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:539)

--
Questions?  You know what to do...
Brian J. Glas