Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Unreal Jiang <si...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/02 10:40:07 UTC

Re: JCA Inbound Propocal

hi Dan,

  Thanks for your reply.

  Yes, for simple frontend, it's best way to create a EJBInvoker.

  Could we use EJBInvoker in JaxWS frontend approach? If it works, we can put away the dynamic proxy from both approach.

  Regards
  Unreal

Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
  Hiya,

Could you just create a different Invoker for the Service? In XFire we
just created an EJB invoker (see http://xfire.codehaus.org/Invokers).
The whole point of invokers are to allow different backend
implementations of the service, so I would think there is something we
can do there.

- Dan

Unreal Jiang wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to port jca inbound into CXF from Celtix. In Celtix, we create a dynamic proxy as a implementor, and this proxy will redirect the invocation from client to a backend ejbBean. This way works fine in Celtix, bus doesn't in CXF. Because in CXF JaxWS frontend implementation, it's requested that the implementor must contain a WebSerivce or Provider annotation, in our case the implementor is only a proxy, it doesn't have any annotations.
> There have two ways to solve this issue,
> 1. Use Simple frontend instead of JaxWS.
> 2. Add a WebService annotation with binary code manipulation.
>
> Do you guys have any idea about this two approach?
> Any comment will be appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Unreal

Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053
Envoi Solutions LLC
http://netzooid.com

---------------------------------

Re: JCA Inbound Propocal

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
It doesn't matter what frontend is being used, you should always be able
to go back and use your own invoker. So yes, you could use an EJBInvoker
with the JAX-WS frontend. It does require using CXF specific APIs, but I
don't really see a way around that.
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse