Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/03/28 14:23:19 UTC

Re: [ACS4.2] master blockers

Abhinandan,

Why the push on master?  We should probably focus on 4.0.2 and 4.1.0.  I
know that testing is happening against master for some features, but
those are probably best handled in feature-specific threads.  I'm
concerned that this might be diluting everyone's focus on the active
releases.

-chip

Re: [ACS4.2] master blockers

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 03:37:15PM +0000, Abhinandan Prateek wrote:

> On 28/03/13 7:59 PM, "Chip Childers" <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 02:19:06PM +0000, Abhinandan Prateek wrote:

> >>and
> >>and

> >> Sure, will prioritise the master bugs only if they block some feature
> >>development or in general break the build/test.
> >
> >Sorry, I think you may be missing the point I'm trying to make.  I'm
> >suggesting
> >that communication around features is probably best done with the feature
> >itself
> >being the subject of the thread. If someone is building feature X, and
> >someone else has volunteered to test feature X, then they should be
> >coordinating with each other on feature X.
> >
> >The reason that a release cycle changes this communication to "release
> >level" focus, is that there is a specific schedule that we're trying to
> >work towards as a community.
> >
> >Does that distinction make sense?
>
> Yes, I understand that we are trying to get the current releases out and
> the focus should not be diluted.
>
> For any follow up on current features or bugs the communication should be
> around features and not around the release as it is still not there in the
> release cycle.
>
> My intention is to help out people who cannot test the feature due to
> existing issues on master if any.

Good intention!

> Again I will be taking it slow on master (only focusing on issues that
> matter at this point in release cycle) so that appropriate focus is there
> on current releases.
>
> Does this sound good or I am still missing something.

It does.  Thanks for hearing me out.

Re: [ACS4.2] master blockers

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.

Re: [ACS4.2] master blockers