Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/10 15:45:54 UTC

Feedback on Usergrid Central SSO?

I'm working on something I'm calling Usergrid Central SSO and I'd like to
get your feedback.

The requirement is to have multiple Usergrid systems, each with its own
Cassandra cluster, be able to authenticate Admin Users with one central
Usergrid system -- giving Admin Users single-sign-on across all of those
systems.

I think we can do this by adding one new end-point to Usergrid. This Google
Doc explains the complete design:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12kXgaYcB6L9JoTyRGn0ZHEMg3vL1LJDqvtnltIBDa1Y/edit?usp=sharing

Nate and Ed: I'm especially interested in your feedback since the design is
based on your earlier work in this area.

Thanks,
Dave

The JIRA issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/USERGRID-567

Re: Feedback on Usergrid Central SSO?

Posted by Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com>.
Ah, yes, good point.  We should be not just doing instrumentation but also passing back useful information in the error responses because the calling client webapp will need to display appropriate user messages and also be the typical first thing an ops team will get alerted to and they'll need to quickly determine which downstream UG cluster caused the problem.

Ed

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com>.

Posted by Nate McCall <zz...@gmail.com>.