Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Eckard Brauer <E....@intershop.de> on 1999/01/08 17:31:52 UTC

RE: os-osf/3632: regex fails some expressions - ScriptAliasMatch isn't ok.

Hi there.

Further explanation:

ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/.+\.admin(.*)	<ABSOLUTE_PATH>$1

works for me (means: it matches things like
"http://<servername>/cgi-bin/ecki.admin...", where

ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/.+\.storefront(.*)	<ABSOLUTE_PATH>$1

doesn't (means: apache is looking for
<DocumentRoot>/cgi-bin/<something>.storefront(...) and correctly
logging an error because it isn't found). Cutting the first three
characters from the pattern (^/c) made it work, but I don't like
the solution.

The error with $APACHE_SRC/src/regex/re comes from engine.c, at
least I tracked it back to function fast(), but seems to be caused
by an incorrect compiled expression. Is there any description of
the expression compiler except *.c?

I'd like to investigate further if one could send me some useful
hints.

Eckard