Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Emilio Numazaki <me...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/13 21:23:23 UTC

Widget composition

Hi all,

I'd like to create a kind of workspace which is basically an
aggregation of many HTML snippets in one dynamic page.

Each snippet will be a reference of an "implementation.widget."
(http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-implementationwidget.html)

My questions are:
- Is there a way to use implementation.widget as a reference?
- If last question is yes, then how can I "discovey" all the
references that is part of my composite?

For example, let's suppose I have a component with three references
a.html, b.html and c.html. I'd like to create a dynamic AJAX page (as
implementation.widget) that can get each piece of reference to compose
a single dynamic page.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Widget composition

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Emilio Numazaki <me...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luciano, thanks for your reply.
>
> Hmmm, ok, since it is not possible to create a binding for a widget, I
> was thinking about a way to get all components and its
> implementations.
>
> Let's suppose I have a SCA Composite with many Components into.
> 1) How can I get reference (by code or declarativelly) for all Components?
> 2) How can I get the location of widget implementation?
>
> I'll download code you've suggested and test it...
>
> Thank you,

The following documentation can give you better details about Widget
and it's usage

http://tuscany.apache.org/getting-started-with-tuscany.html
http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-implementationwidget.html

These links are based on 1.x, but these haven't changed much in 2.x

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Widget composition