Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/25 10:54:56 UTC

The process of releasing 0.8.1 is almost done!

Hi all,

I am very glad to tell all of you that, the process of releasing 0.8.1 is
almost done (just leaving the last step: waiting for all mirrors syncing
the files and then send an announce mail to announce@ mail list).

Thanks to all, all committers, all mentors, PLC4x's document etc..

What I want to say is that, I have finished a Chinese document to tell
Chinese guys how to release a version in Apache Way, you can find it here
[1].  Please told me if you are confused by any content.

For IoTDB, you also need to update the website to add the new version, you
can find how to do it here [2].

I skiped one step, "updating JIRA" to mark the version as released, because
I have no privilege...

Using the Chinese document, I think we can consider when to release v0.9.0
now. :D

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=130027555
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/How+to+modify+the+iotdb+website+to+release+new+version

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: The process of releasing 0.8.1 is almost done!

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I forgot to tell you that I created a branch called "release", which has
the same purpose with the "master" branch in PLC4x (according to plc4x's
release document).

So,
- if you release new version like 0.8.*, please fork from rel/0.8, and make
the branch rel/0.8 following your modifications.
- if you release new version like 0.9.0, please create a new branch
rel/0.9, and  make the branch rel/0.9 following your modifications. Then if
you release a new version like 0.9.*, please fork from rel/0.9

And, after a major version (e.g., from 0.8.* to 0.9.0; from 0.9.* to
0.10.0), or a minor version release whose major version is the largest
(e.g., the largest major version is 0.8 and you release a new version like
0.8.5)  is released successfully, do not forget to merge the changes to the
"release".

Best,

Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> 于2019年10月25日周五 下午7:50写道:

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.