Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Pere Kyle <pe...@whisper.sh> on 2014/11/03 20:04:56 UTC

Hbase Incremental Export/ImportTable

Hi,

I am implementing disaster recovery for our Hbase cluster and had one quick question about import/export of the s3n file system.

I know that ExportTable can be given a start time and end time enabling incremental backups. My question is how to properly store these incremental backups on s3.

My idea is to have them in a nested folders in a bucket like so:
s3://backups/mytable/YEAR/MONTH/DAY/HR

So say the initial backup goes is now
s3://backups/mytable/2014/11/2/11

Tomorrow at the same time would be:
s3://backups/mytable/2014/11/3/11

Would a ImportTable be able to take just the s3://backups/mytable and recursively import all the sequence files from there?

Thanks,
Pere