Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2004/05/03 00:08:10 UTC

Release notes update. Please review

Folks,
I just updated the release notes doc to include personal contributions
made to HttpClient CVS HEAD since 2.0 was branched out (approx a year
from now)

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/release_notes.txt?rev=1.19&view=markup

If you have contributed code or design ideas during that period, please
review the release notes to make sure your contribution is mentioned.

If certain contributions are not mentioned, it does not necessarily mean
that they do not deserve mentioning. Going through several hundreds of
commit messages is tedious, not great fun, and very prone to mistakes. I
may well have overlooked quite a few things

It is important that we keep this document up to date, as one day is may
become the only (easily accessible) vehicle of communicating individual
contributions. @author tags may have to be removed, if so decides the
Jakarta PMC

So, no need to be shy. If there's anything omitted, please do let me
know

Oleg

Re: Release notes update. Please review

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Wow, has it been a year already?  It seems hard to believe.

Oleg, nice work on compiling the list of changes.  This is no small
task.

On a related note, Oleg, are you also working on updating the list of
contributors?  If not, I will take a look at it.

Thanks,

Mike