Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Mark Bullathsinghalage Cooray <mb...@groupwise.swin.edu.au> on 2011/10/03 00:14:02 UTC

Re: Error: Deploying Process with location given as a URL

Hi All,

Has anyone got an idea about this limitation?

Regards,

Mark.

>>> "Mark Bullathsinghalage Cooray" <mb...@groupwise.swin.edu.au> 30/09/2011 2:08 PM >>>
Hi,

I am Having the Following BPEL snippet

<!-- Import the client WSDL -->
    <bpel:import namespace="http://ellipseCalculator.apache.org"
 location="http://localhost:8080/EllipseCalculator/services/EllipseCalculator?wsdl" importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"></bpel:import ( 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" )>
    <bpel:import namespace="http://simpleCalculator.apache.org" location="http://localhost:8080/SimpleCalculator/services/SimpleCalculator?wsdl" importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"></bpel:import ( 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" )>
    <bpel:import namespace="http://rectangleCalulator.apache.org" location="http://localhost:8080/RectangleCalculator/services/RectangleCalculator?wsdl" importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"></bpel:import ( 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" )>
    <bpel:import location="areaCalculatorArtifacts.wsdl" namespace="org.ode.areaCalulator"
         importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" />

When I take the location and replace it with a local file it works but if I leave the url i get following error in server side :

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet threw exception
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
 at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
 at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.getWSDL(AxisService.java:1553)
 at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.printWSDL(AxisService.java:1355)
 at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent.processListService(ListingAgent.java:199)
 at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:254)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
 at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
 at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:291)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

*** I found in following link https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-534 that this functionality is not supported. Can I know if it is fixed?

Regards,

Mark.

Re: Error: Deploying Process with location given as a URL

Posted by Mark Bullathsinghalage Cooray <mb...@groupwise.swin.edu.au>.
Thanks Tammo,

It is clear, I am performing some test with dynamic reconfiguration so this kind of a feature would have been very handy for my work. Anyway it is clear now.

regards,

mark.

>>> Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> 4/10/2011 8:36 AM >>>
Hi Mark,

currently, this is a limitation by design, simply because the WSDL is
design time artifact, which is bundled together with a process and
should be consistent during the whole lifecycle of the process and its
instances. When WSDLs and XML Schemas are allowed to be references to
external resources, it will bring some uncertainty into the system. What
will happen when the external schema will change. How often should ODE
check for changes, what happens when the schema will disappear or is
erroneous etc. Thus, we believe it is better to only allow for local
references to make sure that a deployable is always in a consistent
state. If any artifact should be updated, it is better to deploy a new
version of the process. Old instances will still follow the old schema,
new instances can follow the update.

I hope that explains the reason a little.

Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Re: Error: Deploying Process with location given as a URL

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Bullathsinghalage Cooray <mb...@groupwise.swin.edu.au>.
Thank you,