Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Anishek Agarwal <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/21 13:45:21 UTC

Network transfer to one node twice as others

Hello,

We are using cassandra 2.0.14 and have a cluster of 3 nodes. I have a
writer test (written in java) that runs 50 threads to populate data to a
single table in a single keyspace.

when i look at the "iftop"  I see that the amount of network transfer
happening on two nodes is same but on one of the nodes its almost 2ice as
the other two, Any reason that would be the case ?

Thanks
Anishek

Re: Network transfer to one node twice as others

Posted by Anishek Agarwal <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ryan,

I am using the java driver with token aware policy(dcawarepolicy) we have
all nodes on one DC. model for now is
 partition_key, value

I think by hot partition you mean insertions to the same partition key ? we
have RF:3 and CL: 1 (will re run with local quorum as that is what we will
use eventually)

Closing this discussion here, reposting it on javax driver mailing list.

Posted by Ryan Svihla <rs...@foundev.pro>.

Posted by Anishek Agarwal <an...@gmail.com>.
Nope not using thrift

Posted by Benedict Elliott Smith <be...@datastax.com>.

Fwd: Network transfer to one node twice as others