Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manish Java <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/07 09:55:58 UTC

Fwd: Why does mvn tomcat7:run work but not mvn clean install tomcat7:run with multi-module Maven projects?

I am trying to use the Tomcat plugin for Maven with a multi-module Maven
project and getting errors.  My project set up is as follows:

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit / CentOS 2.5 64-bit
Maven: 3.0.4

    parent POM

         ---- jar

         ---- war

If I try "mvn clean install tomcat7:run" Tomcat fails to load any classes
in the JAR project.  However, "mvn tomcat7:run" works.  The problem is that
I will need to do a "mvn clean install", followed by "mvn tomcat7:run"
every time my Java code changes.

I have attached a sample project that exhibits this problem.