Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by valstadsve <va...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/01 14:01:38 UTC

A patch for 3.0 beta1

Here is a patch for the changes I had to do to build 3.0-beta1, and fix the
register* methods in ScriptEngineManager.

In brief:

 o ScriptEngineManager#register* methods put'ed a Class object where a
ScriptEngineFactory was expected. Fixed by using newInstance and some
make-do exception handling (please look into it, I may have broken many
exception handling policies here)

 o Several path references in ant files used back-slashes, and were flipped
to a proper state

 o Retroweaver was not downloaded during the course of the build, breaking
the retroweaver stage of the ant files.  Maven dependencies were added to
make this happen.

Please try it out by running a clean build with an empty maven repository.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p11944179/3_0-beta1.patch 3_0-beta1.patch

Submitting issues/patches... (Re: A patch for 3.0 beta1

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi valstadsve,

thank you for suggesting a patch!

However, in order to be able to process it, could you please be so kind
and open an issue at <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BSF> (there
are different types of issues from "bug" to "new feature").

Then, please attach your patch to that issue, which allows us to track
the history back to the original contributor. Also, please add the new
ASF source header from <http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html> to
your patch.

Regards,

---rony