Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Pat Monardo <pa...@cox.net> on 2002/07/24 01:42:57 UTC

Turbine Services

Searching with google, I found out about javax.services and JSR-111. The
incredible thing is that the only real note I found on javax.services
was a message from Peter Donald on Avalon. Shocking really. So perhaps,
even in this mad Web Services hype, only Turbine and Avalon people
understand the importance of services in building real web applications?
I think EOB is exciting but my hunch is that javax.services framework in
Tomcat ala Turbine approach is needed for practical reasons - ie, Avalon
won't have the deployment that Tomcat will (?). My understanding is that
Tomcat and Avalon are two separate things although I see hints that this
doesn't have to remain true. My own hunch is that Avalon is
theoretically the better way but Tomcat is today's platform.

Is this an abuse of turbine-user? I am not a current user of Turbine, I
am a potential future user of Turbine. So my questions won't be quite as
dramatic without stack traces!

Pat Monardo