Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Fjerstad, Jim (LNG-MBC)" <ji...@capsoft.com> on 2000/09/21 21:38:56 UTC

DTD Caching

Hi -- I was wondering if anyone would know if there is a way to get xerces
to cache the external subset of a DTD when referenced via an HTTP URI
external ID? Or is it supposed to do this automatically?

I'm using the Win32 xerces-c, v1.2a.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Fjerstad
Capsoft Development

Re: DTD Caching

Posted by Sergey Denisov <sd...@vicom.ru>.
You can use EntityResolver class. Its virtual method resolveEntity is called
every time parser meet any external entity (such as DTD). There is no
built-in caching in Xerces (and BTW there is no internet proxy support too).

Regards,
Sergey Densiov