Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Hede, Bhagyesh" <bh...@sap.com> on 2001/09/19 12:18:47 UTC

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Hi,

I have installed SOAP-2.2 and i am using TOMCAT-3.1.3 as servlet
engine. All installation testings on server side are going perfect.
The admin tool is coming up...at the right port...

but when i try to run the command java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

it throws following error.
Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Any pointers why this is coming up and how to solve this would be of
great help..
Also can i get more details of the call stack and exact location of the
error. I do not like
this soap being a black box after its gone into TOMCAT.

Thanks and regards

Bhagyesh

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Posted by Peoter Veliki <pe...@hotmail.com>.
Go into the tomcat.bat file and put xerces.jar at the front of your
classpath.  To make sure the changes you've made are correct, take a look at
the output and check the classpath to make sure that xerces.jar is before
jaxp.jar.