Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 08:41:52 UTC

[Axis2]Renewing Guththila

Hi devs,
          Hope to do following modifications to guththila code in order to
minimize memory leaks and enhance the performance of guththila xml parser.

guththila_reader
------------------------
                 1.Replace guththila_environment, guththila_allocator,
guththila_error with axis2_environment, axis2_allocator and axis2_error.
                        axis2_xx implementations has less errors , well
tested implementations and no point of maintaining same implementations in
two places

                 2. Remove it's local stack implementation and use
axis2_utils stack implementation
                 3. Implement space , comments and pi handling functions.
                 4.  Adding guththila_reader_create_for_io (),
guththila_reader_create_for_memory () functions.

guththila_writer
---------------------------
                1. Integrate with aixs2_utils stack implementation.

If you have any ideas please let us know.

thanks,
Dinesh

--
W.Dinesh Premalal
http://xydinesh.blogspot.com/

Re: [Axis2] Moving listener_manager.h to the global include

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sahan Gamage wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>The listener_manager which is implemented in core/clientapi is required
>by the sandesha2 module. At the moment the header file is named as
>listener_manager.h and is located inside core/clientapi. So the
>functionality is not visible to the module writers.
>Can we move this header to global include ? If so we should rename it to
>axis2_listener_manager.h to avoid conflicts.

+1 for the move, and yes please rename.
Samisa...

[Axis2] Moving listener_manager.h to the global include

Re: [Axis2]Renewing Guththila

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:

> Hi devs,
>           Hope to do following modifications to guththila code in
> order to minimize memory leaks and enhance the performance of
> guththila xml parser.

Good to hear this. We need guththila up and running very badly IMHO.

> guththila_reader
> ------------------------
>                  1.Replace guththila_environment, guththila_allocator,
> guththila_error with axis2_environment, axis2_allocator and axis2_error.
>                         axis2_xx implementations has less errors ,
> well tested implementations and no point of maintaining same
> implementations in two places

Please consider using axis2_log as well.

>                  2. Remove it's local stack implementation and use
> axis2_utils stack implementation

+1.

>                  3. Implement space , comments and pi handling functions.

I thought we had space implementation. May be I am mistaken.

>                  4.  Adding guththila_reader_create_for_io (),
> guththila_reader_create_for_memory () functions.

This will be great. So we could use a guththila wrapper as an
alternative to libxml2 wrapper. At the moment we can only use libxml2.

> guththila_writer
> ---------------------------
>                 1. Integrate with aixs2_utils stack implementation.

+1.

> If you have any ideas please let us know.

Please also adhere to the same coding convention as of Axis2/C. (Well no
we do not have it formally documented, may be you can help to do that as
well ;-). But please have a look at the axis2_svc_client.h header, that
is our master guide as of now)

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
    Please my comments inline

On 7/25/06, Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>           Hope to do following modifications to guththila code in order to
> minimize memory leaks and enhance the performance of guththila xml parser.
>
> guththila_reader
> ------------------------
>                  1.Replace guththila_environment, guththila_allocator,
> guththila_error with axis2_environment, axis2_allocator and axis2_error.
>                         axis2_xx implementations has less errors , well
> tested implementations and no point of maintaining same implementations in
> two places

done !

                 2. Remove it's local stack implementation and use
> axis2_utils stack implementation

done !, Now guththila has a  dependency on  axis2_utils  library

                 3. Implement space , comments and pi handling functions.

In here I was meaning by  "space" is SPACE event in the StaX api.  But need
to clarify about SPACE event.  I saw some other mailing list StaX gurus
still arguing about use of SPACE event. I would say let's wait some time ,
if we have any requirement with SPACE event then we can implement it.

comments and pi ignored by the parser

                 4.  Adding guththila_reader_create_for_io (),
> guththila_reader_create_for_memory () functions.

done!

guththila_writer
>                 1. Integrate with aixs2_utils stack implementation.

done !

BTW axis2c is working with guththila in my machine. I will appreciate if
some one could help me to integrate guththila with axis2c build system.

thanks,
Dinesh

--
W.Dinesh Premalal