Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Pratt <ch...@planetpratt.com> on 2003/11/05 18:23:54 UTC

Markers and Extension Functions

I currently have a callable template that converts state abbreviations to their names.  We're trying to use an extension function to replace this functionality, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to call the function and pass the value of a marker.  The call appears twice in the code, the first time used to use:

<fo:block color="white" background-color="black" font-size="24pt" font-variant="small-caps" font-weight="bold" text-align="center" padding-before="1mm">
  <xsl:call-template name="state-name">
    <xsl:with-param name="abbrev" select="/DrInfoResponse/LocationSearchResponse/location[1]/stateProv"/>
  </xsl:call-template>
</fo:block>

But was easily simplified to:

<fo:block color="white" background-color="black" font-size="24pt" font-variant="small-caps" font-weight="bold" text-align="center" padding-before="1mm">
  <xsl:value-of select="java:com.vsp.gis.oem.model.State.getStateName(/DrInfoResponse/LocationSearchResponse/location[1]/stateProv)"/>

</fo:block>

The second occurrence is more complicated:
<fo:block color="white" background-color="black" font-size="24pt" font-variant="small-caps" font-weight="bold" text-align="center" padding-before="1mm">
  <xsl:call-template name="state-name">
    <xsl:with-param name="abbrev">
      <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="state" retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"/>
    </xsl:with-param>
  </xsl:call-template>
</fo:block>

How would I call the getStateName function with the marker value as it's parameter?  Thanks.
  (*Chris*)

Re: Markers and Extension Functions

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Chris, *please*, ask these questions on the Mulberry
XSL list.

Glen