Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com> on 2011/12/08 00:56:49 UTC

Mavenize the Java client examples?

Hello, if desired, I can possibly supply patches to Mavenize the Java
QPid examples, similar to what is done for the Apache CXF[1] and Apache
Camel[2] examples (both 100% Mavenized).  That would make them easy to
run and also help clarify which samples Qpid has.  Would that be desired
by the Qpid team or are there philosophical and/or technical reasons why
Mavenized samples would not be advisable for the project?

Regards,
Glen

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/samples/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/examples/

--
Glen Mazza
Talend Community Coders

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Mavenize the Java client examples?

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

As I already commented on the user list, I think possibly the biggest
change required for some of the examples (probably the ones you think
need clarifying) would just be deleting them because they arent at all
that good as examples.

Maven can be a hot subject around here due to prior experiences the
project had with it (before my time), I know some aren't fond of it as
a result. I dont really mind what build system we use but I must say I
would defintely prefer not to use two, even if it is for something as
trivial as the examples.

Robbie