Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by yaswanth kumar <ya...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/12 03:01:20 UTC

Any solr api to force leader on a specified node

Can someone pls help me to know if there is any solr api /config where we can make sure to always opt leader on a particular solr node in solr cloud??

Using solr 8.2 and zoo 3.4

I have four nodes and my requirement is to always make a particular node as leader

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Any solr api to force leader on a specified node

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
First, I totally agree with Walter. See:
https://lucidworks.com/post/indexing-with-solrj/

Second, DIH is being deprecated. It is being moved to
a package that will be supported if, and only if, there is
enough community support for it. “Community support”
means people who use it need to step up and maintain
it.

Third, there’s nothing in Solr that requires DIH to
be run on a leader so your premise is wrong. You need
to look at your logs to see what’s happening there. It
should be perfectly fine to run it on a replica.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Posted by yaswanth kumar <ya...@gmail.com>.