Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Madhav Bhargava <Ma...@infosys.com> on 2007/03/13 15:36:44 UTC

change the order in which action and actionListener methods are called

Hi All,

Normally the actionListeners that are registered with any UICommand
component are called first and then the action methods are called.

Since there can be more than one ActionListener methods that can be
attached to a UICommand component - Is there a way in which one of the
ActionListener methods can be scheduled/marked to execute after the
action method has been executed?

Regards,

Madhav

Re: change the order in which action and actionListener methods are called

Posted by Madhav Bhargava <un...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for this question folks.
No that is not possible.

On 3/13/07, Madhav Bhargava <Ma...@infosys.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>

> Normally the actionListeners that are registered with any UICommand
> component are called first and then the action methods are called.
>
> Since there can be more than one ActionListener methods that can be
> attached to a UICommand component – Is there a way in which one of the
> ActionListener methods can be scheduled/marked to execute after the action
> method has been executed?
>

> Regards,
>
> Madhav
>   **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
> e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
> minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
> result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
> checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
> to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
> on the Infosys e-mail system.

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not
know it, but for the sake of defending those that do

Re: change the order in which action and actionListener methods are called

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
You could have your actionListener method re-register itself to execute in
another phase (InvokeApplication) when it runs.   "Action" should already be
registered at this point.  That would be doing it within the JSF framework.

Doing it in your application code would be having the actionlistener
register itself in some application variable, then having your action method
iterate through those registered actionlisteners at the end of its current
execution.