Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Halil Karakose <ha...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/01 08:08:26 UTC

javassist error with Tapestry 5.1.0.5 and JBoss 4.2.3GA

Hi,
I receive an error in my Tapestry webapp. I use Tapestry 5.1.0.5 and Jboss
4.2.3-GA.

*Scenario 1:*
My web application contains javassist 3.9.0.GA in WEB-INF/lib folder. And
there is also another javassist.jar(3.6.0.GA) file inside
jboss/server/default/lib folder.

During deployment of the web application, I receive such an exception:

22:12:28,373 WARN  buildProxyFactory
[org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer] could not create proxy
factory for:com.mycompany.model.User
org.hibernate.HibernateException: Javassist Enhancement failed:
com.mycompany.model.User
    at
org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyInitializer.getProxyFactory(JavassistLazyInitializer.java:145)
    at
org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistProxyFactory.postInstantiate(JavassistProxyFactory.java:42)
    at
org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.buildProxyFactory(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:162)
    at
org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.<init>(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:135)
    at
org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.<init>(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:55)
    at
org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityEntityModeToTuplizerMapping.<init>(EntityEntityModeToTuplizerMapping.java:56)
    at
org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityMetamodel.<init>(EntityMetamodel.java:302)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Can not set static javassist.util.proxy.MethodFilter field
com.mycompany.model.User_$$_javassist_5._method_filter to
org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyInitializer$1
    at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.setField(ProxyFactory.java:356)
    at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.createClass3(ProxyFactory.java:339)
    at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.createClass2(ProxyFactory.java:312)
    at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.createClass(ProxyFactory.java:271)
    at
org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyInitializer.getProxyFactory(JavassistLazyInitializer.java:138)
    ... 171 more

This error doesn't prevent deployment. And I have no idea what the impact of
this error is or will be. I can select, and insert via webapp.

*Scenario 2:*
If I exclude javassist 3.9.0.GA from my Tapestry webapp and leave jboss's
javassist.jar in place, the application deploys without exception. But, in
this case, I encounter an exception in runtime:

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TransformationException:
javassist.CannotCompileException: broken method

InternalClassTransformation[

public com.mycompany.webapp.pages.PasswordHint extends
com.mycompany.webapp.pages.BasePage

add method: private void _$write_logger_2(org.slf4j.Logger $1)

throw new java.lang.RuntimeException("Field
com.mycompany.webapp.pages.PasswordHint.logger is read-only.");

replace write logger: _$write_logger_2();

I am now following scenario 1, and I have not faced anything weird in
runtime? Any suggestions are appreciated:),

Thanks...

Access to the event handler method annotation during rendering of compoment

Posted by Blšták Peter <pe...@softec.sk>.
Hi

Is it possible to get access to the event handler method annotation during rendering of compoment, which triggers corresponding event ?
How is it possible (the best way) ?

Let say I have a custom link component SecuredLink placed in TestPage and event handler for SecuredLink event on the same page.
I would like to access @Secured annotation content during render of SecuredLink compoment (to be able to make the link conditionally inaccessible).

public class TestPage {

	@Component
	private SecuredLink securedLink;

	@Secured({Roles.ADMIN})
	void onActionFromSecuredLink() {
	}

}

I know how to make "SecuredInterceptor" for the event listener method, which prevents for unauthorized invocation of the listener. As I say I would like to use annotation also during render of corresponding "triggering" component.

Thanks

P.

Re: javassist error with Tapestry 5.1.0.5 and JBoss 4.2.3GA

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <cg...@google.com>.
I upgraded our organization to 3.12.0.GA javassist and a lot of issues
went away.  Still a few issues, and I think the guy who patched it for
us submitted that patch to javassist, but it's light-years less
problematic than 3.9.

Christian

Posted by Halil Karakose <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Halil Karakose <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: javassist error with Tapestry 5.1.0.5 and JBoss 4.2.3GA

Posted by Halil Karakose <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joachim Van der Auwera <jo...@progs.be>.

--
Joachim Van der Auwera