Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by mathias jud <ma...@saibo.ch> on 2004/03/05 07:58:28 UTC

authoring-right-management usability enhancement proposition

Hi all

After testing the lenya authoring-right-management,
I have some usability enhancement proposition:

If a logged in author, tries to enter the administration-section
in lenya, he just recieves a login-screen without any
message. While trying to log in with a limited author
password he never sees anything else then a clean
login screen...

-> tell the user whats happening! and what the problem is!

best wishes
mathias

mathias_jud <at> saibo.ch
bodenackerstr. 2
8304 wallisellen
fon: +41 1 830 23 02
fax: +41 1 830 29 63

Re: authoring-right-management usability enhancement proposition

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
mathias jud wrote:
>>you mean something: "You need to be administrator to enter the Admin
>>area. Please contact foo <at> bar.com for more information" ?
>>

> exactly
>
> eventually also with the information, "what" the user is at the moment:
> You need to be ...
> You are logged in as  ...

please file this at
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Lenya

thanks

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: authoring-right-management usability enhancement proposition

Posted by mathias jud <ma...@saibo.ch>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
mathias jud wrote:

>Hi all
>
>After testing the lenya authoring-right-management,
>I have some usability enhancement proposition:
>
>If a logged in author, tries to enter the administration-section
>in lenya, he just recieves a login-screen without any
>message. While trying to log in with a limited author
>password he never sees anything else then a clean
>login screen...
>
>-> tell the user whats happening! and what the problem is!

you mean something: "You need to be administrator to enter the Admin
area. Please contact foo@bar.com for more information" ?

Michi

>best wishes
>mathias