Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Thomas Larsson <th...@klarna.com> on 2014/01/27 21:07:12 UTC

How to access a secure hive metastore from a mapreduce job.

Hello,

We have a hive metastore that is secured with kerberos. I need to access
this from a mapreduce job but don't know how to authenticate.
Due to our cluster setup I am currently looking at JDBC instead of
HCatalog, but as far as I know, it is a bit of a hassle to do this. For
example, how is the principal and the password/key used from within an MR
job. Also how do I supply the jaas and kerberos configuration files
together with the job? Can anyone give any pointers?
I haven't found any clear examples of this on the web.

Best Regards
Thomas