Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "anthonyjschulte@gmail.com" <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 23:55:00 UTC

SparkSQL- saveAsParquetFile

Hi all:
I am attempting to execute a simple test of the SparkSQL system capability
of persisting to parquet files...

My code is:

 val conf = new SparkConf()
    .setMaster( """local[1]""")
    .setAppName("test")

  implicit val sc = new SparkContext(conf)

  val sqlContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext(sc)
  import sqlContext._

  case class Trivial(trivial: String = "trivial")
  val rdd = sc.parallelize(Seq(Trivial("s"), Trivial("T")))
  rdd.saveAsParquetFile("trivial.parquet")

When this code executes, a trivial.parquet directory is created, and a
_temporary subdirectory, but there is no content in these files... only
directories. Is there an obvious mistake in my code which would cause this
execution to fail?

Thank you--

Tony