Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Wellington Pereira Alves <we...@visionnaire.com.br> on 2001/05/22 21:20:32 UTC

Precompiling JSP files

Hello,

    I´m trying to precompile my .jsp´s using jspc. It generated lots of .java files. When I tried to compile (using javac) the generated .java files it gives hundreds of errors. I guess that the erros are caused because the generated java files doesn´t have the correct import sentences so I take "Cannot Resolve Symbol" errors. The classpath apperars to be ok. Anybody knows what can be wrong? What I need to do to precompile my jsp files at once?

Thks,
Wellington

Re: Precompiling JSP files

Posted by Oskar Zinger <os...@micromuse.com>.
You can use a -p option to tell it to use a package...

jspc.sh -p com.somecompany.sompepackage SomeJSPFile.jsp

And also they could be syntax errors and other errors...

---
Oskar Zinger