Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2019/06/18 19:18:35 UTC

Outreachy thread part 1 of 3 - interest

We've had a number of discussions on a number of lists.  This email is
part one of three of my attempts to untangle the discussions.

The first part is straightforward: there was some interest expressed in
the committee to explore a pilot for Outreachy, with a limit of around 6
interns with associated mentors.  Gris polled the committee and the
initial feedback was supportive of the idea of asking the board whether
or not this could be approved, and if so, what constraints would the
board like to see imposed on the effort.

The scope of this thread is limited to whether or not there is interest
in the committee to pursue Outreachy, and whether or not to ask the
board for constraints.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Outreachy thread part 1 of 3 - interest

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
+++++1

Posted by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com.INVALID>.
+1 on both from me

Posted by Naomi S <no...@tumbolia.org>.
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 21:18, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> The scope of this thread is limited to whether or not there is interest
> in the committee to pursue Outreachy, and whether or not to ask the
> board for constraints.

+1 on both from me